Plant Disease Research is a Peer Reviewed Journal
- On receipt of the manuscript, the Editor will have to check the format of the manuscript and ensures that it is the as per the journal guidelines and falls within the scope of journal and also for Plagiarism. The Editor can reject the paper at this stage by giving the reason. If found in order, it
will be passed on to the reviewer.
- The reviewer will go through the contents and make an overview about the manuscript which relates to his/her field of specialization and where he/she can contribute positively. The consent has to be given to The Editor-in-Chief, if reviewer’s comments can be submitted in stipulated two weeks time frame.
- In case of any conflict of interest or inability to carry out the reviewing in time, it may be immediately intimated to the editor, so that it may be assigned to another reviewer.
- It should be ensured that the article adheres to the standards of the journal.
- Constructive suggestions for improvement of the manuscript, while critically dissecting the manuscript should be the primary focus.
- The objectives of the article should be clear and the data presented should be able to justify it. The review and discussion part should not be vague and strictly related to the topic of research. Gaps in the research component may be highlighted.
- Reviewer should ensure that tables and figures are self explanatory.
- The journal has zero tolerance for duplicity of the article and plagiarism of the contents. Reviewer must exercise strictness on these aspects.
- The comments by the reviewer must be provided to the editor-in-chief in the given format and time frame and the confidentiality should be maintained.
FORMAT FOR SUBMITTING REVIEWER’S INFORMATION : Click Here To Download
FORMAT FOR SUBMITTING MANUSCRIPT INFORMATION : Click Here To Download
Reviewer will do rating (1= Excellent, 2= Good, 3= Average, 4= Poor) for the below mentioned heads along with the comments
RECOMMENDATIONS OF THE REVIEWER
The manuscript may be accepted (Tick the given option)
- In its original form
- After minor revision
- After major revision as suggested
- Not suitable for publication (Give justification)