Guidelines for INSOPP Best PhD Thesis Award
(Last Date to apply is 10th October, 2019)
1. Applicant should have completed his/her Ph.D degree in discipline of Plant Pathology from any Indian University with a minimum OCPA of 7.5/10.00 (= 75% marks) or equivalent during 1st April, 2018 to 31st May, 2019.
2. The research work should be original and must have a direct bearing on some relevant aspects of plant pathology discipline.
1. The application for the award should be routed through the Head of the department and should reach up to 10th October, 2019 to the Secretary, Indian Society of Plant Pathologists, Department of Plant Pathology, Punjab Agricultural University, and Ludhiana-141004. For any enquiry one can contact at Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Application should be submitted on the prescribed Performa, along with hard and soft copy of the thesis and attested copy the Ph.D degree or provisional Degree Certificate (PDC). The application must include a copy of the thesis evaluation report.
3. Candidate will give a signed undertaking that he/she has not been awarded earlier for the Ph.D research work.
4. In case a candidate applies simultaneously for two awards for the same research work, then he/she has to inform the Secretary, INSOPP before the contest. If he/she gets then he/she has to withdraw the second award application.
5. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for PowerPoint presentation of at least 20-25 minutes before the panel of three judges in the INSOPP symposium on 16th -17th December, 2019 at Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore in the technical session.
6. The contestants will be paid to and fro actual II sleeper railway fare to the venue of the Annual conference from the nearest railway station to their institution.
Application Performa for INSOPP Best PhD Thesis Award
1. Name of the applicant and Registration number:
2. Date of Birth:
3. Address, Email and Telephone No.:
4. Name of the department/Institute from where degree obtained:
5. Name and address of Major Advisor:
6. Title of the thesis:
7. Objectives of the research work:
8. Rationale of the research work:
9. Practical Utility of the research:
10. Date of Admission:
11. Date of thesis submission:
12. Date of degree completion:
13. OCPA/ Percentage of marks:
14. Number of papers published out of the thesis:
yes then give year of membership
Signature of the Major Advisor Signature of the Head of Department
It is hereby certified that myself Dr._____________________ s/o or d/o of has completed
my doctorate degree on the research problem entitled, “ _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ under the supervision of Dr ____________________________from________________________________________________________________________ and has not been awarded any prize/award for the same research work.